Efficiency Is Everything
The Open Compute Project (OCP), which is dedicated to more efficient computing, has reimagined and reengineered datacenters. OCP infrastructure and system level innovation applies to hosting provider, cloud computing and high performance technical computing environments.
Bridging the principles of OCP with HPC provides a way to balance complexity, energy consumption, space and cost considerations against demands for compute-intensive applications. A well-designed OCP solution for HPC should deliver:
- Computing power commensurate with HPC workloads
- As high of server density per rack unit as possible
- An array of storage options
Penguin Computing® Goes OCP Platinum
As a Platinum Open Compute Project member, Penguin Computing is dedicated to ushering OCP efficiency and innovation into the HPC world. Moreover, our roadmap and delivery dates are aligned with those of all major technology leaders.
We provide OCP-ready HPC solutions that deliver:
- Higher power – 30kW+, compared to the current OCP limit of ~12kW
- Higher density – 3 servers per 1 rack unit, versus OCP standard of 2