Arctica Network Switch Features
Arctica® network switches by Penguin Computing provide a family of economical, full-featured, managed switching options. Common networking features include Layer 2 and Layer 3 support, open standards compliance*.
- Reduce CapEx by more than 2X compared to popular vendor offerings
- ONIE enabled, 1U fabric network switches in 1/10/25/40/50/100 GbE, which deliver low latency, full wire-speed interfaces, full section bandwidth switching and redundant power
- Software-Defined Networking with open technologies enables greater flexibility and customizations. Rigorously tested and qualified software stacks include:
- Canonical Ubuntu with Broadcom ICOS: delivers a foundational, Linux operating system with the full Layer-2 and Layer-3 feature set of the Broadcom data plane.
- Cumulus Linux: enables native Linux networking with network-optimized kernel and support for Layer-2, Layer-3, and overlay architectures.
- Arctica network switches are white box switches, providing flexibility and customization opportunities.
- Fully certified network solutions available, including switches, racks, cable management, cables and connectors
* 802.1, 802.3, OSPF v2/3, BGP V4/6
Arctica Network Switches
Scalable, high-performance aggregation switch for modern data centers
Well suited for data center out-of-band (OOB) networks, such as IPMI
Suited for both enterprise and data center environments
A top-of-rack switch with 10Gb Hosts for 100Gb infrastructures
A top-of-rack switch with 25Gb hosts For 100Gb infrastructures