What is GovPOD?
You have a need for a FedRamp secure compute environment. The decision becomes whether to build from scratch or use a secure environment in the cloud.
With Penguin High Performance Computing on Demand for Federal Government Customers (GovPOD), you can utilize a high-performance, bare-metal, HPC environment in the cloud without having to invest in on-premise infrastructure. GovPOD eliminates many of the performance, scalability, and security challenges associated with traditional cloud computing environments.
Why Penguin Computing GovPOD?
Penguin Computing GovPOD is a FedRamp-secure compute environment that provides features and benefits that other providers do not:
Runs HPC Native
HPC expert help included
No charges to bring large data sets in and out of the cloud
No need to custom-build an HPC environment
High performance file system with high-speed, low-latency interconnects
To ensure you have the most secure FedRAMP environment possible to protect your data, secure your identity, and restrict access to only authorized users, Penguin Computing GovPOD:
- Designed to Meet FedRAMP Security Standards – GovPOD consists of redundant computing sites rated to operate the entire security suite of standards as defined by NIST 800-53 and 800-171 for DFARS.
- Meets DOD HPC Modernization Program Standards –GovPOD meets the requirements of the DOD HPC Modernization Program which includes monitoring cloud-based services to determine risk and maintain security.
- Uses a Single-Tenant Compute Environment – Unlike multi-tenant cloud environments, POD’s compute environment is segregated to protect your privacy.
- Layers on Physical Security – POD is hosted at a highly secure, Tier III facility that undergoes an annual SSAE18 SOC 2 Type II audit.
- Ensures Data Security – All customer data lives solely at our United States, Tier III datacenter facility. Customers have complete control over access and persistence of their cloud data.
- Encrypted Connections – All access to POD is over secure, industry standard, encrypted protocols: HTTPS+SSL, SSH through AES-128 or AES-256, or customized private VPN connections through AES-256.
POD Customer Quotes
POD Customer Quotes
Traditional, on-premises clusters have many capital and operational expenses that can quickly add up. Beyond the capital expense to purchase a modest HPC cluster, you still have datacenter, power and cooling, and administration expenses. You never have to worry about these expenses when you use GovPOD. Our simple pricing model makes it easy to forecast costs and set limits on usage to ensure you are never over budget. With GovPOD, you only pay for the resources you use, with no hidden costs or extra fees, no extra charge for expert HPC support, and no extra charges for moving large data sets in and out of the cloud.
Leverage our two decades of experience in building and optimizing HPC environments and applications with free support from our HPC experts, who will assist you in running applications, managing workflows, and getting the best GovPOD customer experience possible.
With included free support from HPC experts, transparent pricing, and a variety of financing options, GovPOD meets the needs of both power users who need to expand capacity quickly as well as those building their organizations on a budget.
Navigating the Clouds: Taming Multi-Cloud Workflows
Navigating the Clouds: The Evolution of Cloud-Based Technical Computing
Navigating the Clouds: Exploring Multi-Cloud Architectures