Penguin Computing Redesigns Motherboard for Densest 1U GPU Server
Penguin Computing’s new Relion 1904GT server packs four GPU accelerators in a 1U form factor, the company’s highest density 1U GPU server. To do so, the company redesigned the system with a completely new layout of the motherboard, resulting in a fourth GPU and an improved thermal-optimized architecture to support even higher core count Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors.
Penguin Computing provides turnkey, ready-to-run HPC clusters combining the new GPU platform with storage and cluster interconnects. The Relion 1904GT server implements NVIDIA® Tesla® K80 dual-GPU accelerators, providing extremely high levels of computational performance and energy efficiency. The Tesla K80 dual-GPU is the flagship offering of the Tesla Accelerated Computing Platform, the leading platform for discovery and insight at scale. The Tesla K80 delivers nearly two times higher performance and double the memory bandwidth of its predecessor, and 10 times higher performance than today’s fastest CPU on hundreds of applications.
Relion 1904GT server features include:
- Innovative motherboard layout design allows support for higher core count Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 processors
- Exceptional 2 CPU:8 GPU ratio implementing NVIDIA Tesla K80 dual-GPU accelerators
- Faster Local Machine – SAS/SATA and NVMe
- Management and monitoring tools for server and installed GPUs
- Dual 2000W redundant high efficiency power supplies
- Improved sensors for environmental measurement
Relion is an exceptional platform for running scientific and engineering applications that support GPU technology and the platform suits compute-intensive customer segments, such as the oil and gas industry among other sectors. Visit http://www.penguincomputing.com/products/rackmount-servers/relion-servers/relion-1904gt for more information.